Yoga truly is magical!
Are you one of the people who just can’t focus on anything and have a short attention span? I know it’s a burden since having a short attention span makes you procrastinate more and makes you ineffective especially when you are working on an important task. Want to improve your concentration? Then try yoga! Yoga is not only a fitness regimen you can do to help you be fit and strengthen your body and bones in general, it is a great focus booster!
Related: Why you should start doing yoga?
How yoga helps in improving your focus?
Yoga proves to be a great tool for enhancing your concentration levels. It is natural and free from side effects. It can be learned by kids and adults alike. You may start practicing it at any age. In fact, if you practise yoga regularly, it helps prevent age related ailments like Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, forgetfulness, etc. in old age.
Let us learn yoga asanas and pranayama that help enhance your concentration levels with regular practice:
1. Pada Hasta Asana( Hands to toes Pose)
- It slows down your heart rate and stimulates the nervous system.
- It helps relieve your mental stress and physical fatigue.
- It improves blood flow to the head region and enhances concentration.
Steps to do it:
- Stand straight on a floor mat with your legs together and shoulders relaxed.
- While inhaling, bring both arms straight over your head.
- While exhaling bend forward and slowly bring your body and arms down.
- Touch your toes with fingertips of both hands.
- Keeping your head down, slide your palms (facing upward) under your feet. Your wrist lines should be touching the toes, while ebending your elbows outwards.
- Hold the pose and continue breathing for 40-60 seconds.
- Inhale and slowly bring your body up to release the pose.
Image source: blog.nirogam.com
Share your thoughts and comment below!