One of the best life goals you can achieve in your lifetime is to live long.
Wouldn’t it be nice to live long enough to see your grandchild’s children and able to tell them stories about your childhood and your experience throughout your life? It’ll be epic. Yet not all are given the opportunity to live longer because of different lifestyles they live. Now to ensure a long life, there are many factors and things to accompany with it. Being conscientious is one. To live on healthy foods and healthy habits is another. There are many factors on living longer. Here are some of the other tips on how to live longer.
To read more, scroll down below.
1. Drink coffee. “It’s one of the biggest sources of antioxidants in the American diet.”
2. Skip the juicing. “The glycemic index on that is as bad as Coke. For eight ounces, there’s 14 grams of sugar. People get suckered into thinking, ‘Oh, I’m drinking this juice.’ Skip the juicing. Eat the fruit. Or eat the vegetable.”
3. You should also skip the protein shake.
4. Go for long walks.
5. It’s O.K. to drink red wine. “A glass of wine is better than a glass of water with a Mediterranean meal.”
6. High-impact exercise winds up doing as much harm as good.“You can’t be pounding your joints with marathons and pumping iron. You’ll never see me doing CrossFit.” Instead stick to activities like biking, yoga and, yes, walking.
7. Cook mostly vegetarian meals that are heavy on fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, 100 percent whole-grain bread, oatmeal and avocados.
8. Hold the butter. “My view is that butter, lard and other animal fats are a bit like radiation: a dollop a couple of times a week probably isn’t going to hurt you, but we don’t know the safe level.” Use olive oil instead.
9. Eat meat and fish only sparingly.
10. Try to stay away from cow’s milk. Use soy milk instead.
Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Via 12 Tips for Living a Longer Life
Image Credits: geralt via Pixabay